Friday 27 January 2017

Mazda 323 Silver Fastback 94-98 Car

In it's heyday, the Mazda 323 Fastback, which is the old school model pictured below, was such an intriguing looking car when it first came out. Even today, it still stands out from the rest. Even more so due to the fact that they are not all that common as well. It's not all good though. I think that some colours of this car don't look all that nice.

And add to that, due to their age and low price tag, a lot of them these days are in pretty bad cosmetic condition. They look tatty. There are 3 main engine sizes. 1.5L, 1.8L and 2.0L V6 (around 140BHP). There is also a special (I think the fastest@170BHP stock) Lantis edition, but that is quite a rare car to find for sale, specially in the UK. Those who own them tend to hang on to them.



I've always loved the look of the old school 323's. At some point I will buy one. The silver examples look the nicest. The look sharp, and appear to hide the blemishes well. The 1.8 and 2.0 Litre models cost a lot to insure, so I would probably go for the 1.5 Litre. Yeah, it's the slowest of the bunch but I don't really care about that. It looks fast so that's good enough!

I think the smaller 1.5cc engine size falls into an affordable insurance group. It's either in the older insurance group 7 or 9 depending on the exact model. I like old reliable cars, preferably Japanese ones as they are no doubt the best when it comes to reliability. And the older models just have the look and shape that really appeals to me and sets them apart from everything else. Other cars I really like are Honda Civics, Honda CRX, box shaped Accords, old shape Mitsubishi Colt, 3 door Toyota Corolla's and Toyota Starlets.

1 comment:

Mazda 323F said...

Wanna buy one of these but they dont come up for sale too much. One is on eBay now with low mileage (50K) but its in Essex or sussex(I forgot lol). Too far for me. Its a silver like the one pictured here. nice